AirGarage is repurposing the 30% of real estate in the average American city currently dedicated to parking.
We are building a future where real estate is digitized and can be transitioned from one use to another seamlessly on-demand, moving every piece of urban real estate toward its highest and best use.
We are starting with the $131 billion US parking real estate market because it is one of the most offline and mismanaged commercial real estate asset types.
As a full-stack parking operator, we automate the operation of parking lots and parking garages. We handle everything from advertising to collecting payments from drivers and enforcing against illegal parking. We already operate 150+ parking lots and parking garages across 30 US states and we are growing quickly.
We are backed by top tier investors including Andreessen Horowitz, Floodgate, Founders Fund, and angel investors who have founded or worked at companies like Uber, Opendoor, Flexport, and more.
When AirGarage closes on a new location, there are several things that have to occur before the new facility is operational and ready for drivers - these things include Signage - (design, vendor coordination, installation), License Plate Reading (LPR) cameras (survey, electrical work, installation), Permitting, & more.
As the Launch Operations Project Manager, it will be your responsibility to work with our Sales and Partner Success teams, as well as directly with our Landlord Partners in order to ensure the timely and successful launch of new AirGarage facilities. You should feel comfortable juggling multiple, simultaneous projects, iterating and developing new processes, coordinating with external vendors, communicating project progress to internal and external stakeholders, and be willing to jump on a last minute flight to personally ensure a launch is successful when necessary.
This is a unique position in that you will need to have several very different skillsets - you will need the ability to identify and negotiate with vendors, design and coordinate detailed launch plans, communicate across various different teams, while also having the willingness & ability to pick up a drill and mount signage yourself from time to time.
This position will start off with up to 75% travel. Future travel requirements will be determined by you and your ability to find reliable partners across our markets that can execute within our (often tight) timelines. We expect that as you are able to build relationships, find reliable partners, and innovate on our existing processes the travel requirement will consistently decrease over time and you will only need to travel on rare occasions.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Source and manage vendors to facilitate the installation of AirGarage signage, LPR system, help with permit approvals, and more in order to ensure successful launches of new facilities across the US and Canada.
- Collaborate across internal teams including Sales, Partner (Customer) Success, Operations, Product, Marketing and more to ensure new facilities are launched seamlessly.
- Work directly with external landlords (Partners) to ensure our launch plan is up to their standards and they are informed of our progress every step of the way.
- Help us identify regulatory hurdles in each city and and conduct permitting, licensing and tax related administrative work if required for site launch, or identify local external vendors that are able to assist with this process.
- Diligently track the completion of launch related tasks and milestones and keep Sales, Operations, and Partner Success updated on progress.
- Innovate - there is a ton of room for experimentation and improvement in our launch process. You’ll be the person helping us improve this process as we continue to grow.
WHAT YOU NEED
- The willingness and ability to travel up to 75%. This travel requirement will decrease overtime but there is a high likelihood that you will travel for a couple days every week for the first couple of months.
- A general knowledge and level of comfort using power tools. You will learn a ton on the job about current best practices so you do not need to be an expert, but the more you know coming in the better.
- The ability to facilitate seamless collaboration and communication across AirGarage’s internal teams, our landlord Partners, and external vendors is the most important quality a candidate will need to be successful in this role.
- Organizational skills in order to manage multiple projects in different cities simultaneously, with varying degrees of difficulty and stakeholder input.
- Resourcefulness. Every launch has unforeseen delays and various hurdles that you will need to find a way to overcome. You need to be extremely comfortable operating in ambiguity and confident in your ability to find a solution to any problem thrown at you.
- Located within 20 miles of a major US Airport.
- By joining as one of our early team members, there is enormous opportunity ahead for you to have an outsized impact and shape the future of AirGarage in this role.
- Competitive salary and benefits including unlimited PTO, health / dental / vision insurance, 401k, and more.
- A lot of room to grow -- the operations team will be orders of magnitude larger within a few years, and you’ll be part of the foundation of that team.
- The opportunity to change the way that the world thinks about real estate use in our cities.
- A diverse team -- we are currently 35%+ female and 30%+ non-white and we hope to continue hiring thoughtfully to build a team that represents the fact that our customers come from all walks of life.
- You’ll be joining a sharp, motivated team and have the option to work in an office in San Francisco or work remotely. Our company is remote-first but we know some people thrive in the in-person energy of working in an office.